Smith’s new “Pocket Pal” Multi-Functional Knife Sharpener features pre-set crossed carbides and ceramic stones, which provide the “Perfect Edge” every time. Carbides provide quick edge setting, and the specially shaped ceramic stones are designed to give you a razor sharp edge on either standard or serrated edges. The carbide and ceramic stones are reversible and replaceable. A fold out, tapered round, diamond coated rod is designed for sharpening serrated as well as standard edges. Unit is compact, lightweight, durable, and comes with a lanyard hole.
Carbide Blades - Set the edge.
The carbide blades provide quick edge setting capability for dull or damaged knives. These blades are designed for use on straight edges only, and are reversible and replaceable.
Ceramic Stones - Finish the edge.
Ceramic stones provide a smooth, polished edge for already sharp knives and can be used on serrated or standard blades and are reversible and replaceable.
CARE & USE:
V-Shaped Sharpening Slots:
Tapered Diamond Rod / Flat Edges:
- Insert knife blade into the V-shaped slots at a 90-degree angle to the sharpening blades or stones.
- Pull the knife blade straight back towards you while applying light pressure.
- Repeat this action until blade is sharp.
Tapered Diamond Rod / Serrated Edges:
- Always hold the unit with the rod facing down. Place heel of the blade on the diamond rod closest to the unit.
- Hold blade at a 23 degree angle to the rod.
- While applying light pressure, push the knife away from you towards the end of the rod. Draw knife down so that the tip of the blade comes off the end of the rod. Repeat this action until blade is sharp.
- For the other side of the blade, you will need to switch hands holding the sharpener and the knife and repeat steps 1 - 3.
- Only sharpen the side of your knife edge with the serrations.
- Hold rod at 23 degree angle to the blade and move it back and forth through each serration until sharp.
Always clean your sharpener with a damp cloth after use and towel dry. Do NOT rinse with water.